International Students

Student Visas and International Student Enrollment

This school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.  Prior to beginning training within the United States, international students must complete the following steps:

  1. Register with the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) at The TSA is will verify that the flight training candidate does not pose a risk to national security. Questions related to TSA registration should be directed to the TSA Help Desk at (703) 542-1222 or TSA registration, including a $130 fee, must be successfully completed before proceeding to Step 2.
  2. Obtain an I-20 form which may be used to apply for the M1 visa. Quantum Helicopters will prepare the I-20 form upon receipt of the following documents: Enrollment Application/Deposit Agreement, Training Agreement, and Financial Certification. These documents may be obtained by contacting Quantum Helicopters at 480-814-8118 or emailing your request to Tim Brennan. The training candidate must also send a copy of a valid passport.
  3. After receiving the 4 documents listed above, Quantum Helicopters will contact the training candidate within 5 working days to begin to making arrangements for flight training to begin. The I-20 form will be mailed to the candidate who must then take it to the US Consulate or Embassy in the country of origination for M1 visa issuance.
  4. The training candidate must report to the school by the designated training commencement date but has the option of entering the US up to 30 days prior to that date.

Please note that you are only eligible for the M1 visa if:

  • You have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
  • You can demonstrate the ability to pay for all training and living expenses while in the US.
  • You are at least 18 years old.
  • You have completed the equivalent of 12 years of academic education.

** For international pilots who are certified in another ICAO country, the first step is to visit a local FAA office (FSDO). The FAA can issue a qualified applicant a US Private pilot certificate, issued on the basis of that person’s foreign pilot certificate. See Federal Aviation Regulation PART 61.75 for additional information.